- Thomas follows the disembodied hand, trying to remain hidden
- He notices the sound of wolves closing in behind him, so he moves quickly
- The hand stops, and he hears a voice belonging to Finn Cyrus, claiming to be a friend.
- Cyrus leads Thomas further away, where he meets the cleric’s companions:
- Thomas asks their help in rescuing Bee from the Crimson Fist
- Imperious reveals that JouJou has been watching Bee via divinations, and informs him that Bee is already dead.
- The leader, Salvation had completed his wicked prayer, and Bee died only minutes ago.
- Thomas rages at the strangers, claiming they stopped him from saving his friend
- Imperious insists that it had been he and his companions that had held the Crimson Fist at bay for so long, and it was inevitable
- Before they can argue any further, the Wolf Squad emerges from the brush a few dozen feet away
- Imperious casts web, capturing most of the cavalry, but allowing the wolves themselves to charge forward
- Ursum, Cyrus, and Thomas attack from range, while Prince Wayal instructs JouJou to not get involved.
- The wolves die easily, and the cavalrymen eventually get free and charge in
- Wayal eventually wades into melee, skillfully dodging blows as if dancing around
- Once Wayal is struck by one of the warriors, JouJou springs into action and killes the attacker in a single blow with her fist.
- Meanwhile, one of the cavalrymen threatens Cyrus, causing him to fall back
- Thomas accidentally strikes him with a fully charged mind blade, badly injuring him
- Thomas slinks away, not willing to admit his mistake
- The remaining cavalry are defeated, and Cyrus and Imperious search for the hidden attacker
- Thomas admits to his mistake, but Imperious wonders if it was in fact an accident or an attempted assassination
- Imperious asks Thomas where he can find Newton, and Thomas tells him about leaving him with the Corpsecrafter
- Imperious asks him to remain with them so he can perform experiments related to his exraplanar travel
- Thomas treats this request with suspicion and demands to see Bee’s body to prove he’s been killed, and maybe collect his belongings
- Imperious insists it’s too dangerous, but Cyrus convinces him to allow Thomas to check
- The group returns to the scene of the capture and execution and find some of the Crimson Fist guarding the spot.
- The guards are easily dispatched, but the only items Thomas finds are the small wooden house Bee found and an opal.
- It seems the other Crimson Fist warriors have moved on.
- Imperious once again insists upon finding a safe location before discussing any more, and Thomas finally agrees to join him
- He teleports the group to an old dilapidated mansion somewhere to the North.
- Imperious explains that he will need Thomas and Newton to submit to harmless experimentation.
- Thomas insists upon protecting the refugees before anything else.
- After some discussion, Imperious agrees to provide his services in exchange for Thomas’ (and Newton’s) assistance in future endevors
- Thomas reluctantly signs the contract Imperious provides.
After the Summoning Wars
The Crimson Gloaming